The Exchange Club sponsored child abuse prevention center provides a wide range of services to meet the individual needs of families. Current programs include:
- Parent Aide: In-home mentoring for parents with a child under the age of 12 to support healthy relationships, nurturing parenting and non-violent discipline
- TEACUP Preemie program®: Resources and guidance for parents of premature infants in the hospital NICU and home to support infant health and development and reduce parental stress
- Healthy Start: Education and empowerment program for at-risk pregnant and new mothers to support healthy birth outcomes and improve the health of mothers and children
The Children’s Healing Institute serves:
- Parents who feel overwhelmed and/or out of control
- Parents of premature infants
- Pregnant and new moms
Volunteer Parent Aides are needed!
Volunteer Parent Aides provide weekly in-home mentoring to parents at a greater risk for child abuse and neglect.
- Model appropriate and positive parenting skills
- Help parents develop positive self-concepts and good problem-solving skills
- Assist families in setting priorities and identifying obstacles, resources, and support
- Meet with the parent weekly for a minimum of 6 months
Comprehensive training is provided.
If you are interested in volunteering or accessing services, visit www.ChildrensHealingInstitute.org or call 561-687-8115